בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    החלטתי לפרסם כאן דפי עבודה באנגלית, אני מקווה שתעריכו את ההשקעה XD:

PAST SIMPLE -8TH GRADE

A. Complete the following dialogue. Bruce wants to know what Sharon did during the vacation.

Bruce : _____________________________________?
    Sharon : I worked for a few days.
    Sharon : Because I wanted to save enough money to pay for my driving lessons.
    Sharon : At a summer camp.
    Sharon : About 1000 NIS.
    Sharon : Of course I made enough money. ________________________?
    Bruce : Nothing special. I helped my parents in the shop. Maybe next summer we’ll work together in the summer camp and save enough money for a long trip to Eilat.

B. Fill in the blanks with DO, Does, Did, Am, Are, Is, Was, or Were.

1. __________ he busy at the moment ?
    2. __________ she happy when she got the letter ?
    3. __________ they working now ?
    4. __________ you like pop music ?
    5. __________ Jane own a house in the country ?
    6. __________ Dan lend you any money last week ?
    7. __________ you waiting for me ?
    8. __________ he at home when the police arrived ?
    9. __________ I disturbing you at the moment ?
    10. _________ your parents angry when you come home late ?

C. Fill in the following passage with the correct form of the verb. Use Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple.

Mr. Green ________________(travel) to France last summer. He ___________(stay) in a comfortable hotel and ___________(see) many interesting places . He _____________(like) France very much and ____________(think) that Paris is one of the most interesting and romantic places in the world. He usually _____________(travel) together with his wife but last summer Mrs. Green _____________(have) other plans , so he ____________(go) by himself. He ______________(not have) any free minute as he _______________(want) to see all the places he had heard about before. He ______________(have) a wonderful time there.
    At the moment , Mr. and Mrs. Green _______________(plan) their next vacation. This time they ______________(want ) to go to Eilat and their children ____________(come) with them. They _____________(not take) too much luggage with them , only the most necessary things.
    Would you like to travel to Eilat right now ?

D. Dialogue : Mr. and Mrs. Green are planning their vacation :

Mrs . Green :___________________________?
    Mr. Green : We are taking only one suitcase so don’t pack too many things.
    Mrs. Green : _____________________________?
    Mr. Green : No, Dana didn’t pack her suitcase yesterday evening.
    Mrs. Green : _____________________________?
    Mr. Green : At the moment she is talking on the phone . She will finish packing in a few minutes.
    Mrs. Green :_________________________________?
    Mr. Green : She is talking to Tali, her best friend.
    Mrs .Green: _________________________________?
    Mr. Green .No, they didn’t meet yesterday evening because Tali wasn’t at home. Please tell Dana to hurry because we have to leave in two hours !

2. 05-10-2008 21:22 #2
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    Past Simple

Tenses Review

A. Complete the following test using the past form of the verbs.

A. The Thief In The Night

One night at about half past twelve, Mr. Singer _______________(wake) up. He _____________(think) it was a thief moving about downstairs.
    He ________(wake) his wife and ___________(tell) her. He ____________(speak) very softly. When he ____________(go) downstairs , he _____________(catch) the “thief “ and _________(bring) him to his wife.
    It ___________(be) Spooky, the neighbor’s cat !
    Mrs. Singer ___________(laugh) and _____________(laugh) !
    She _____________(tell) her husband : “ I _____________(not be) afraid at all! I ____________(know) it could only be Spooky, the little devil !”

B. A Strange Dream

Last night I ____________(eat) too much . Mother ____________( bake) a delicious cake and I ___________(taste) it and _________(taste )it …..until I ___________almost (finish)it ! I _____________(feel) funny, so I _________(go)to bed. I __________(read) a bit, then I ____________(fall) asleep and I______________(have) a very strange dream.
    It __________(be) like this : I ___________(meet) a dwarf who ___________(take) me into a large dirty room. He ___________(give ) me a large broom and ____________(order) me to sweep. I ________(sweep) and ____________(sweep) for hours!
    The next morning I _______________(not understand ) what the dream ____________( mean) so I asked mother a few questions about it.
    She _____________( not know) the answers to all my questions but she ________________( not be) surprised I was asking her about my dreams.
    She told me : "When I _____________( be) your age I also ________(ask) my parents about the meaning of dreams. They ____________( explain) very interesting things to me. I'll try to do the same for you. Don't worry ! "
    My mother is very clever and she always knows how to calm me down !

C. Dana : _(Do, Did) you (know, knew) anything about dreams?
    Mother: Of course I know many things about dreams.
    (Do, Did) you (have, had ) a strange dream last night?
    Dana : Yes , my dream was very strange, indeed.
    Mother : (What, How) did you (dreamt, dream) about ?
    Dana: In my dream there was a dwarf in a messy room.
    Mother : And ( did, does) he (tell ,told)you to tidy it up ?
    Dana : Yes, he even gave me a broom. (Do, Did) you (know, knew) what it means?
    Mother : It means that you forgot to clean your room yesterday and you remembered it while you were sleeping.
    Dana: And who (were, was, did) the dwarf ?
    Mother : I don’t know. I only hope it wasn’t me.

D. Fill in the blanks with DO, Does, Did, Am, Are, Is, Was, or Were.

11. __________ he busy at the moment ?
    12. __________ she happy when she got the letter ?
    13. __________ they working now ?
    14. __________ you like pop music ?
    15. __________ Jane own a house in the country ?
    16. __________ Dan lend you any money last week ?
    17. __________ you waiting for me ?
    18. __________ he at home when the police arrived ?
    19. __________ I disturbing you at the moment ?
    20. _________ your parents angry when you come home late ?

E. Tenses : Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple

Mrs. Cohen (am, is, was) an engineer and she (worked , works, is working) in a big factory. She usually (leaves, left , is leaving) the house early in the morning and (is coming, comes, came) back home in the afternoon.
    Her husband ______________(do, does) his best to help her with housework and the children. He _____________(doesn't , isn't) always have time as he is also very busy. However, he ______________(took, takes) the children to school every day and __________(helped, helps) them with their homework.
    Right now , he ( tries, is trying, tried) to solve a difficult exercise in math together with Dan, his 10-year old- boy. They ( are working, work, worked) very hard as they want to finish as soon as possible and watch the football game on T.V.
    Mrs. Cohen_______________(isn't , doesn't ) resting at the moment . She is in the kitchen as she ____________(prepares, is preparing) dinner for her lovely family.
    Yesterday they ( spend, spent, are spending) the day outdoors.
    They ( didn’t , wasn’t, weren’t) want to stay at home as the weather was not too cold and not too hot, just right for a picnic with friends in the nearby park. They ____________( come, came) back home late at night and all _____________(feels, felt ) wonderful after such a nice day.
    ( Do, Is) you ____________(like) to go out for a picnic with friends ?

Fill in the following exercise using the correct form of the verb.
    Use the Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple.

Ruth and Sara __________(be) twins. They _____________(look, looks, looked) alike and ____________( always, do) many things together. Most of all they ____________( enjoy, are enjoying, enjoyed) travelling abroad and visiting new places.
    Last summer they ___________(visit) Italy. They _______________
    (not rent) a car as they ____________(think) it might be dangerous to drive in a foreign country. However, they ___________(enjoyed, are enjoying, enjoy ) every minute of the trip and _____________(buy, are buying, bought) many presents for their friends.
    This year Ruth and Sara _____________(plan, are planning , planned) a trip to Peru. They
    ______________(want) to learn more about the Inca Indians. They
    _____________(not know ) almost anything about the Incas so, at the moment they ____________( read) books and ___________(study) the subject.
    Yesterday they even _____________(buy) a special guide book about Peru and _____________(begin) to pack the luggage. They ____________( ring) up a friend and ___________(ask) her to take care of their plants while they were away . Today they _____________(make) the last arrangements for the flight .
    It isn’t easy to be away from home for three weeks, _____________?

3. 05-10-2008 21:23 #3
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    Past Simple / Past Progressive

Tenses / Review

A. Circle the correct word or words in brackets.

1. When he ( was getting/ got) out of the airport he saw that nobody was ( waiting / waited) for him.
    2. Nurit ( was reading/ read) a book when the fire ( started / was starting).
    3. ( Was / Did) he come home last night ? I didn't ( hear / heard) him.
    4. While Jenny ( was/ were ) walking her dog, she ( saw / see) an accident.
    5. I ( walk / walked ) into the room and everybody ( was waiting / waited ) for me.

B. Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb
    1. When I ____________(see ) Charlie an hour ago , he ____________(sit) and ____________(stare) into space.
    2. We _____________(play) football when somebody ______________(take) our ball. You can imagine how upset we _____________(be) .
    3. While I ________________(read) my little brother a story , he
    _____________ (fall) asleep , so I ____________(close) the book quietly and _____________(leave) the room. But as soon as I
    ____________(go) outside, he ______________(wake) up.
    4. While I _____________(wash) my hair , somebody _____________(knock) on the front door.
    5. The train ___________(just pull) away when two men ______________(jump) in. They _________________(whisper) to each other as they ___________(look) around for somewhere to sit. Was that a gun that one of them _______________(hold) behind a newspaper ? I _____________(begin ) to feel nervous and I ____________(not know) what to do.

C. In the following text you'll find all the tenses studied until now.
    Circle or complete the correct forms.

I ______________(meet) Avi in the street yesterday and he _____________(tell) me a story that ( was / were) hard to believe.
    The trouble is that Avi always______________(tell) me stories about strange things that ______________(happen/ happens) to him.
    I never______________(know) whether to believe him or not.
    Yesterday, however, he swore he ( is telling / was telling) the truth.
    He (was walking / / walks) in the park on his way home from
    school, when he _____________(see) a lion. A lion !
    At first he _____________(not believe) his own eyes , but then he realised that it ( be / was) a real lion. Nobody else ______________(be) in the park at that hour and so he couldn't call for help.
    When the lion _________(see) him, Avi ____________(climb) up a tree. While he _______________(wait) up there, the lion kept trying to reach up to him . To make matters worse, it ( were/ was) getting darker and darker.
    Troubles always come in pairs, ( don't / aren't ) they ?
    After about two hours Avi ( hears / heard) the sound of cars and sirens outside the park. It seems that the lion ____________(heard ) them as well and ____________(start) to get away. But Avi (don't / didn't know ) that at that time. So he waited up in the tree all night long.
    I I didn't believe Avi's story until I read the headlines in the newspaper : " Lion escaped from the zoo. Caught after three hours. Nobody hurt."

An interview with Avi :

1. ( Do / Does) you like to make up stories ?
    2. What _______________(happen/ happened) to you ?
    3. (Was / Were) you afraid ?
    4. How big (was / were) the lion ?
    5. Who ( catch / caught) the lion ?
    6. ( / Was / Did ) you try to call for help ?

Now write Avi's answers :

Fill in the following text with the correct form of the verb . Use the Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple. (15x1).

The English language is very important and we all ___________(know) this fact. We all __________( listen) to English on television, on the radio, in pop songs and movies, all the time. Almost everybody ___________(understand) some English words. Our parents and teachers
    _________(tell ) us that we can't go anywhere without some knowledge of English.
    My friend Tamy _____________ (begin) learning English 7 years ago, when she _________(be) only five years old. Her mother __________(speak) English to her, ____________(sing) songs to her and __________(teach) her the letters of the alphabet. Tami __________(not know ) how to spell the words at that age, but she _____________(study ) the correct writing of words later on , when she __________(go) to school .
    Now, at the age of 12, Tamy _____________(speak) English fluently.
    This year she _____________(help) some weaker pupils in her class with their English and she ___________(plan) to spend the summer holiday at a summer school in England. Let's wish her GOOD LUCK !

TENSES .

A. FILL IN THE FOLLOWING TEXT USING THE CORRECT FORM OF THE VERB. Use Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple, Future.

Every summer, Mr. Jones ______________(go) on holidays somewhere but he __________(not take) his family with him. He __________(say) he _____________(prefer) to be alone for a few days. His wife and his children ____________(not complain) because they all __________(like) to do different things during the holidays . So, while Mr. Jones __________(be) away , the rest of the family _____________(do) the things they like, too.
    Right now, Mr. Jones ___________(stay) in Eilat. He ___________(lie) on the beach and _____________(read) a newspaper. Meanwhile his family ______________(be) at home in Haifa. His wife __________(paint) one of her pictures. She ______________(enjoy) painting very much, but she ____________(not have) much time to devote to it. The children ______________( play) table –tennis in the back yard . When their father ____________(be) at home they can’t play as much as they would like to because he ______________(want) them to study.
    Last year Mr. Jones _______________(fly) to Italy. He _________(visit) museums and ___________(enjoy) the good Italian food.
    A friend _____________(lend) him a dictionary and ___________(teach) him a few words in Italian. In spite of all the efforts he ______________
    (not understand) a word. On his last day in Italy, he __________(have) a great idea. He ___________(buy) many cards and __________(spend) the whole morning writing them to his friends.
    But _______________(you / know) what ______________(happen) ?
    He ___________(forget ) to send them !
    While he was in Italy, his family in Israel also ____________(have) a good time. Grandma __________(come) to stay for a few days and ______________(help) Mrs. Jones with the housework and of course ___________(spoil) the children.
    They had great fun !
    Next year, however, they ___________(spend) their holiday together.
    They ____________(not travel ) abroad. They ____________(go) for a few days to Eilat and ______________(enjoy) the beauty and the comfort of this wonderful place. What ____________you _________(do) next holiday ?

4. 05-10-2008 21:24 #4
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    Dialogue :

Ronit : Hello, Dorit. How are you ?
    Dorit : I’m fine, thank you. I came back from Spain last week.
    Ronit : ______________________________?
    Dorit : With my sister.
    Ronit: ______________________________?
    Dorit : We stayed at a youth hostel.
    Dorit : Yes, we travelled all over the country.
    Dorit :Oh, yes. It was really great.

D. Fill in the blanks with DO, Does, Did, Am, Are, Is, Was, or Were.

1__________ he busy at the moment ?
    2__________ she happy when she got the letter ?
    3__________ they working now ?
    4__________ you like pop music ?
    5__________ Jane own a house in the country ?
    6__________ Dan lend you any money last week ?
    7__________ you waiting for me ?
    8__________ he at home when the police arrived ?
    9__________ I disturbing you at the moment ?
    10_________ your parents angry when you come home late ?

Mrs. Cohen (am, is, was) an engineer and she (worked , works, is working) in a big factory. She usually (leaves, left , is leaving) the house early in the morning and (is coming, comes, came) back home in the afternoon.
    Her husband ______________(do,does) his best to help her with housework and the children. He _____________(doesn't , isn't) always have time as he is also very busy. However, he ______________(took, takes) the children to school every day and __________(helped, helps) them with their homework.
    Right now , he ( tries, is trying, tried) to solve a difficult exercise in math together with Dan, his 10-year old- boy. They ( are working, work, worked) very hard as they want to finish as soon as possible and watch the football game on T.V.
    Mrs. Cohen_______________(isn't , doesn't ) resting at the moment . She is in the kitchen as she ____________(prepares, is preparing) dinner for her lovely family.
    Yesterday they ( spend, spent, are spending) the day outdoors.
    They ( didn’t , wasn’t, weren’t) want to stay at home as the weather was not too cold and not too hot, just right for a picnic with friends in the nearby park. They ____________( come, came) back home late at night and all _____________(feels, felt ) wonderful after such a nice day.
    ( Do, Is) you ____________(like) to go out for a picnic with friends ?

V1 V2 Hebrew

1. begin

2. drank

3. sink

4. spring

5. give

6. rode

7. write

8. weep

9. felt
    10. crept

Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb (v1, V2

1. I _______________( drink ) a glass of milk a few minutes ago because I ________( be) very thirsty.

2. My sister _______________(not write ) a letter because she ________(be ) very busy yesterday.

3. The ship Titanic _____________(sink) into the ocean in 1915 and there _________(be) only a few survivors.

4. I ___________( not ride) on my bike yesterday because I ___________( give) it to my friend Dan.

5. My father __________(not sleep ) well last night because he __________(be) very tired.

Good Luck !

V1 V2 Hebrew

1. swim

2. rang

3. sing

3. sit

4. forgave

5. drive

6. rise

7. slept

8. begin

9. wrote

10. drink

Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb (V1, V2)

1. The phone __________(ring ) a few minutes ago but I ___________(not be) in the room.

2. Last evening the singer ___________(sing ) a very nice song and we _________ (be) very happy to listen to her again.

3. I ___________( not drive) my father ‘s car yesterday because he

_____________(not want) to give me his car.

4. My brother ___________(write) me a long letter and I ___________(be ) glad to read it.

5. The baby __________( begin) to walk a few days ago. First he _________( be) afraid to walk but now he’s running around the house.

Good Luck !

Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple

Fill in the Past Simple form of the verb in brackets.

1. My brother's friends ____________( have) a party last night.
    2. They ____________( say) goodbye before they _________( leave).
    3. We ____________( hear) the good news a few minutes ago.
    4. My sister and I ____________( wake) up late this morning.
    5. My dog ____________( eat) my homework last night.
    6. We _____________(think) it was a very good idea, but it ______________(not be).
    7. My father ______________( bring) me a surprise yesterday.
    8. The player ____________( throw) the ball over my head.
    9. I _______________( lose) my pen at school last week.
    10. The pupils ____________( stand) up when the teacher ____________( come) into the room.

Fill in the Present Simple, Present Progressive, Past Simple.

1. We _____________ ( go) to town yesterday.
    2. Right now, my sister ______________(wear) her new boots.
    3. I ______________( do) my homework last night.
    4. I _____________( know) how to speak Arabic.
    5. We ___________( eat) in this restaurant at least twice a month.
    6. Helen _____________( study ) French this year.
    7. I can't hear her. She ____________( speak) too quietly.
    8. My aunt ______________( not come) for dinner last Friday.
    9. You ___________( drink) too much Coca- Cola.
    10. He _____________( understand) everything you are saying.
    11. She always ______________( watch) this TV program but she
    _________________( not like) the main actor.
    12. My friend Ronen ____________( not speak) to me yesterday.
    He ____________( not be) angry with me, maybe he _________(be) in a bad mood.

Circle the correct answer.
    1. We ( finished, finish, finishes ) the whole cake a few minutes ago.
    2. Keren ( know, knows, knew) English very well.
    3. She ( left, leaves, is leaving ) the town today.
    4. I ( not have, don't have, doesn't have) .
    5. We ( study, studying, are studying) English and French at school this year.
    6. David ( not do, didn't do, isn't doing) his H.W. at the moment.

5. 05-10-2008 21:24 #5
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    Dialogue :

Ronit : Hello, Dorit. How are you ?
    Dorit : I’m fine, thank you. I came back from Spain last week.
    Dorit : With my sister.
    Ronit: ______________________________?
    Dorit : We stayed at a youth hostel.
    Dorit : Yes, we travelled all over the country.
    Dorit :Oh, yes. It was really great.

Mrs. Cohen ____________(be) an engineer and she ___________(work) in a big factory. She usually ___________(leave) the house early in the morning and___________ (come) back home in the afternoon.
    Her husband ______________(do) his best to help her with housework and the children. He _____________(not have, always) time as he is also very busy. However, he ______________(take) the children to school every day and __________(help) them with their homework.
    Right now , he___________(try) to solve a difficult exercise in math together with Dan, his 10-year old- boy. They___________(work) very hard as they want to finish as soon as possible and watch the football game on T.V.
    Mrs. Cohen_______________(not rest) at the moment . She is in the kitchen as she ____________(prepare) dinner for her lovely family.
    Yesterday they ____________( spend) the day outdoors.
    They _________(not want)to stay at home as the weather was not too cold and not too hot, just right for a picnic with friends in the nearby park. They ____________( come ) back home late at night and all _____________(feel) wonderful after such a nice day.
    ________ you _________(like) to go out for a picnic with friends ?

Ask the right questions to the given answers :

1. When (does , did , was) ____________________________________________________ ?

1. I took the English test this morning.

2. ____________________________________________________ ?

2. No, it wasn't too difficult.

3. ____________________________________________________ ?

3. Yes, I studied very hard for this test yesterday.

4. ___________________________________________________ ?

4 Yes, I needed help.

5. (What, Who, Why)____________________________________ ?

5 My mother helped me.

6. ___________________________________________________ ?

6 Yes, she knows English very well.

7. ___________________________________________________ ?

7 Now , I' m resting. I had a tiring day. We'll speak later . Bye !

2. P R E P O S I T I O N S
    T E N S E S

A. Circle the correct form of the verb.

1. I always (liked , like, likes) to eat ice-cream.
    2. Yesterday we (played, are playing, plays) football.
    3. Right now she (reads, is reading, read) a detective story.
    4. In 1992, I (am moving, moved, moves) to K. Bialik.
    5. We (don’t, doesn’t, didn’t) watch horror movies.
    6. My parents usually (spend , spends, are spending) their vacations in France.
    7. (Did, Does, Do) you know that Dan ( is, am , were) the best
    pupil in our class.
    8. We ( studied, study, are studying) the whole day yesterday.
    9. Last summer, we (wasn’t, weren’t ,aren’t) here.
    We (was, were, are) in England.
    10. How much money (do, does, are) you (spend, spends, spending) on clothes?
    11. At the moment most of the pupils (were, are, is) very busy.
    They (is, were, are) writing a test and (think, thinks, thinking) very hard because the questions (aren’t, isn’t, are)
    very difficult.

6. 05-10-2008 21:28 #6
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    B. Circle the correct preposition, according to the picture on page 89. (“Seven and Up”)

1. The book is (under, near, behind) the back.
    2.The watch is hanging (in , on, near) the wall.
    2. The open book is (on, under, behind) the shelf .
    3. The sneaker is (next to, under, on ) the bed.
    4. The lamp is hanging (above, under, behind) the small table.
    5.The vase is ( on, under, in front of) the shelf.

C. Complete the following sentences with the right preposition.

When the teacher is ______the classroom he stands __________
    of the pupils. He usually comes in _______eight o’clock in the morning and is very angry if somebody is late for school.
    He puts his bag _______the desk and takes out his books.
    The blackboard is right _______him and sometimes he turns his
    back to the pupils in order to write something ____the blackboard.
    ________Wednesdays our teacher doesn’t come to school.
    ________this day he studies at the University. Sometimes he comes _______noon to see if we are all right.
    He usually gives us a lot of homework and if we don’t do it ______the afternoon , we have to study until late ______night
    in order to finish everything.
    The best time of the year is _______the summer when we don’t
    have to do any homework or worry about tests. We can meet friends _______the beach and have a good time there.
    Yes, ______July and _____August we can do the most wonderful things but then ______September school starts again.

Complete the following sentences with the correct preposition.
    Use : between, among, in front of , behind, on, in , at, under, from , to, by , near , next to… and all the other prepositions we've studied in class.

1. Mrs. Brown works ________ a big library, _______ 8 until 4 o'clock , ________ the afternoon.
    2. Father will come back from work __________ 5 o'clock.
    3. He left the house early __________ the morning, ________ dawn, when I was still sleeping.
    4. Lets meet _________ the restaurant.
    5. Mother doesn't work ___________ Fridays.
    6. Are you looking for the cat ? She is ______________ the table, hiding from you.
    7. I decided to travel _________ England ________ France , ___________ train and not _________ plane.
    8. Ron holds the book ____________________ his eyes but he still can't read the words . I think he has a problem.
    9. If you sit ____________ Ronen and Ben , you won't concentrate.
    You will chat with them during the lesson.
    when I was still sleeping.
    9. I like to be ____________my friends and share good and bad news with them.
    10. The cat is _____________ the roof. If you come __________her, she will run away.
    11. We keep the rubbish bin ___________ the kitchen sink .
    12. The books are ___________the bag. Take them out if you want to study for the test.

Complete the following sentences with the correct preposition.
    Use : between, among, in front of , behind, on, in , at, under, from , to, by , near , next to… and all the other prepositions we've studied in class.

1.I decided to travel _________ England ________ France , ___________ train and not _________ plane.
    2. Mrs. Brown works ________ a big library, _______ 8 until 4 o'clock , ________ the afternoon.
    3. Are you looking for the cat ? She is ______________ the table, hiding from you/
    4. Lets meet _________ the restaurant.
    5. Mother doesn't work ___________ Fridays.
    6. Are you looking for the cat ? She is ______________ the table, hiding from you.
    7. Ron holds the book ____________________ his eyes but he still can't read the words . I think he has a problem.
    8. If you sit ____________ Ronen and Ben , you won't concentrate.
    You will chat with them during the lesson.
    9. Father will come back from work __________ 5 o'clock.
    He left the house early __________ the morning, ________ dawn, when I was still sleeping.
    9. I like to be ____________my friends and share good and bad news with them.
    10. The cat is _____________ the roof. If you come __________her, she will run away.
    11. We keep the rubbish bin ___________ the kitchen sink .
    12. The books are ___________the bag. Take them out if you want to study for the test.

7. 05-10-2008 21:28 #7
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    Preposition Practice
    Fill in the blanks with on, in, at, or to.
    Halloween is celebrated ______ the United States _______ October 31st.
    It is not an official holiday, so everyone has to go ______ school or
    work. But the fun begins ________ night. Actually, the celebration
    begins ______ the afternoon from 4 p.m. _____ about 6 p.m. for younger
    children; but older kids go out ______ night when it's scary!

What do they do? Well, children, and lots of adults, dress up _____
    costumes and go ______ their neighbors houses. When the neighbor
    comes ______ the door, the children _____ the door cry "Trick or
    Treat!" They try to frighten their neighbor and expect him or her
    to put candy or fruit _____ the bags that they are carrying.

Halloween is really very old. The name comes from All Hallows' Eve--
    a "hallow" is the word that people ______ 19th Century England gave
    _____ the spirits of dead people. November 1st is All Saints Day
    ______ the Christian calendar, but people who love to be scared
    celebrate _____ the night before.

Trick-or-treaters dress up ______ costumes as ghosts, goblins, ghouls,
    skeletons, and vampires. What are these creatures? Look up the words
    _______ a good dictionary. In addition ______ going _____ doors for
    frights and candy, people go ______ parties ______ Halloween. The
    best feature _______ these parties is usually a costume contest. The
    people who go _______ these parties also carve pumpkins to make
    jack o' lanterns--people cut eyes, a nose and a mouth _____ these
    orange fruits. Then they put a candle _____ the pumpkin to make a
    lantern.

The history of Halloween is not always happy. _______ some large
    cities, there are fires ______ Halloween. People seem to get carried
    away with wanting to scare others. Other bad things that happen ______
    Halloween are that some bad people put needles and other things ______
    the candy they give ______ children to hurt them.

Halloween can be fun, but it can be dangerous. My favorite place to
    be ______ midnight ______ Halloween is _____ home _____ bed with a
    scary movie ______ TV! Be careful!

Present perfect + Tenses

1. I_____________(watch) a thriller now. I ____________(never, see) such a frightening movie before. My husband ___________(often, bring ) home this kind of movies but I ___________(never, accept) to watch them. Now, however, I ____________(be) rather bored as I
    ___________(not have) anything important to do , so I ____________
    (choose) this thriller.

2. Last week, when Roger’s tooth _____________(get) loose, he _________(bite) hard into a toffee. There ________(be) a strange sensation as the tooth ___________(fall) out. Roger’s mother ________(tell) him ____________(put) it under his pillow.
    She said: “ If you ____________(put) under your pillow , you
    __________(get) a surprise in the morning. “
    While Roger _________(sleep) his mother __________(remove)
    the tooth. Then she __________(take) a dollar out of her purse and
    __________(hide) it under the pillow. When Roger ___________
    (wake) up the next morning , he __________(find) the dollar there.

3. After ______________(visit) his uncle in Norway , Dan ________(tell) us:
    “ You _____________(never, see) such a beautiful country. If _________
    (come) over in the afternoon , you ____________(modal, see) the pictures I __________(bring) from Norway. They ____________(take) three days ago , just before ____________(leave) the country. What a pity that Israel ____________(not have) the huge amount of water Norway _________(have) !”
    I _______________(immediately , reply) :
    “ It ____________(not help) _____________(think) about all the things we ____________(not have) ! We ____________(modal, think) about the
    wonderful treasures one ____________(modal, find) here ! So , stop
    ______________( complain) !
    When we ______________(meet) in the afternoon you _______________( modal, tell ) me some news about your cousin David, too. I __________(hope) he _____________(already, graduate) University. He _____________(be) 21 years old, _____________?”
    “Of course he ___________(finish) ____________(study) already.
    The last test ____________(pass) only by David and his friend Jim, as it
    ____________(be) extremely difficult. Since last September David ____________(work) in his new office as a lawyer. He ____________(modal, do ) this as his parents ______________(always , help) him . Lucky David !”
    I ____________(not modal, hide) my irritation :
    “ You _____________(complain) again, _____________ ?
    I advise you ______________(mind) your own business and not ___________(care) about others ! The world ____________(become)
    a more beautiful place to live in if we____________( stop) ____________( be) jealous of other people and ____________( decide)
    ______________(become) better people ,instead !
    “ I think you are right , but meanwhile …. your new car ……
    You _____________(buy) it last month, _________________?
    How much ___________ it ___________(cost) ? “

Complete the following sentences :

1. Although sharks are dangerous ______________________________ _________________________________________________________

2. The number of white sharks is continually decreasing. Therefore,
    5. On the one hand the shark is a magnificent creature, ______________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________.
    6. Helen is 86 years old. Despite her age, ______________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________.
    7. Scientists are discovering new things in medicine all the time.
    As a result, ______________________________________________

Present Perfect ( Active – Passive)

Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb. Use all tenses in the Active and Passive form.

1.Feelings _____________( always, consider) a major factor in our health. Many books ____________( write) until now which __________(deal ) with the connection between feelings and health.
    2. The electricity bill _______________( not pay) yet. I _______________( modal, take care) of it right now.
    3.Taly ____________( make) a lot of progress since last year.
    4. Please get off the phone. You ______________( talk) for over half an hour.
    5. Ronen's car ______________( steal) last night. It was parked in front of the house.
    6. I _______________( not have) a holiday since I _____________(be) in London two years ago . I intend _____________(take) one next month.
    7. I _____________( have) breakfast when the phone _____________(ring) . It __________(be) Ben. He _____________(say)
    that we _______________( modal, be) at school at half past seven that morning instead of eight.
    8. I am not sure that work ________________( modal, finish) by next month. We ______________( not work) lately so, there can be some delay.
    9. _________________( anything , change) in this room since I __________( be) here last month or has it all left been the same ?
    10. When I _____________( walk) into the room I knew they
    _______________( talk) about me .
    11. If he ______________(ask) me , I ______________( tell ) him the truth. I hope this ____________(happen) as soon as he _____________( return) from his journey.
    12. Nothing ________________(hear) from him since he _____________(change) jobs. I think something _________________( modal, do ) about it .
    13. Bill _______________(take) away by the police yesterday.
    Instead of ________________( contact) his lawyer immediately , he _______________( do) so only after a few hours.
    14. We're looking for Dana . ___________you ___________(see) her ?
    - I ____________( not know) where she is. I ____________( speak)
    to her only a few minutes ago.
    15. ___________Ron ___________(own) this apartment ?
    16. Why ___________you never here when we __________( need) you ?
    17. I don’t mind _______________( wait) for a few minutes.

קרדיט לכל המורות שלי לאנגלית מכל הזמנים XD

יכול להיות שיתווספו עוד, את התשובות אתם מוזמנים לפרסם כאן ואנחנו נשמח לבדוק XD

המשך יום נעים וגלישה מהנה
    נערך לאחרונה על ידי GoldenPower, 26-11-2008 בשעה 16:16

8. 05-10-2008 21:33 #8
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    17-09-07
    שם פרטי
    איתי
    הודעות
    ואו חזי!
    אחלה השקעה שבעולם!

9. 05-10-2008 21:41 #9
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    תודה , שעתיים עבודה משתלמות בסופו של דבר XD אני גמור חח

10. 05-10-2008 21:48 #10
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    19-01-07
    שם פרטי
    לידרツ
    הודעות
    גבר, אחלה השקעה!
    תמשיך ככה.. מצפה ממך להרבה!

11. 05-10-2008 21:48 #11
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    תודה XD

12. 05-10-2008 22:06 #12
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    03-10-08
    הודעות
    I have something for people who needs French help
    http://www.bescherelle.com/tests_liste.php?id_matiere=4

13. 05-10-2008 22:25 #13
    תאריך הצטרפות
    01-06-07
    הודעות
    אחי תסביר לי למה אני צריך לדעת זמנים יש לי חברים ב5 יחידות שאם עושים להם מבחן בדיקדוק הם ניכשלים , אבל בבגרויות מקבלים 95+

14. 05-10-2008 22:28 #14
    כל זה אתה רשמת ?!

תותח ! מלך !

תודה רבה D:

המשך כך (= !

15. 05-10-2008 22:31 #15
    בן
    תאריך הצטרפות
    29-04-08
    שם פרטי
    חזי ツ
    הודעות
    ציטוט פורסם במקור על ידי Ariye צפה בהודעה
    I have something for people who needs French help
    http://www.bescherelle.com/tests_liste.php?id_matiere=4

Im glad from your helping but what you've done is spam...
    if you wanted to help you should open your own "eshcol" this time you won't get a warning but
    next time I wont have mercy on you

keep helping us

עמוד 1 מתוך 2 12 אחרוןאחרון
מקרא דרגות:  » יו"ר » מנכ"ל » מנהל ראשי » מפקח » מנהל פורום » צוות פרוייקטים » צוות סיקורים » משתמש כבוד » היכל התהילה » Champ » משקיען כבוד » Winner